Please find below answers to the
Healthy Eating Quiz
1. Butter! A small amount of butter is better than margarine. The reason (after much research) I have come to this conclusion, is that I believe the ‘natural’ saturated fats in the butter are not as harmful to you as the refined vegetable oil, harmful trans fats and sometimes toxic metal residues found in margarine.
2. No, all fats aren’t bad. Everybody needs some fats in their diet. We all benefit from omega 3, 6 and 9 fats found in avocado, fish, some oil (olive is best) etc.
3. in fish, walnuts, linseed and canola oil
5. unrefined grains are better for you as they contain higher amounts of vitamins, minerals and fibre
6. research shows that grazing throughout the day is better for most of us that eating 3 strict meals a day. By grazing, our blood sugar levels are more likely to remain balanced and metabolism increased.
7. Fish should optimally be eaten 3 times per week. Best to avoid/eat sparingly tuna and shark – due to them being at the top of the food chain, and more likely to accumulate toxins.
8. Oops – answering this one in the previous answer…!
9. HDL cholesterol is better for us than LDL cholesterol.
10. Good guys. Eggs have had an unjustified time in the 'sin bin'. They are actually highly nutritious, containing about 6 grams of protein per egg. They are high in cholesterol, but usually only a small amount is absorbed into the blood stream. Saturated and trans fats have a far bigger role to play in cholesterol levels.